Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Donkey?

Aright poker people Ive just wanna know what in the world, in your definition is a donkey at the poker table?
I'll tell you my story and you go from there...1/2 nl
I look down and have pocket 2's in the sb
Five limpers so I raise 15 bucks
Narrows it down to 2 players plus myself
Flop comes Qc 9c 2h
Woohoo got trips....see the flush draw so make it 40
One guy tanks for a while then folds
Villain calls instantly
Turn is a 4d
I'm thinking this guy is probably on a flush draw so I look down at my chips and see I have about 50 left (ended up being 55) and shove all in
Villain calls instantly...
I flip over my twos...he doesn't show
River is a 3d...
I think I'm good...
Guess what he had?
If you said it Bingo!
Ah 5h
That's my definition of a Donk....
And his answer to my...... Really?
He says "I had a feeling it was coming."

4 comments:

  1. Yeah that's a donkey all right. An extremely lucky donkey. I hope you played long enough with that guy to get your money back. Yuck.

    That's the kind of move I saw all the time when I was playing 2/4 or 4/8 limit. I always assumed that once I switched to no limt that kind of crap would disappear, because you could "bet somebody off a hand" but in fact, I see it just as much in NL and it's even dumber because of how much more money this donkeys are betting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Rob
      I've got plenty more stories like that I just wanted to know if Im the only one who notices no matter how hard you try it seems like you always run into someone who "felt it coming" or "I thought you had me beat"....just dont knoe.... hee haw!

      Delete
  2. Doesn't everyone play based on having a feeling about something? It's not just me right? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know sometimes I get a feeling to just smack the tarnation out of some people at the table....does that count?...lol

      Delete