Popular Posts

Friday, March 16, 2012

Do we truly talk to anyone anymore?

I took Pop out to the Bojangles this morning and we both got steak biscuit combos.Breakfast is one of my favorite meals and it gives Pop and I a chance to talk about what happened over the last week or so.
So we walk into Bojangles and that's when it caught my eye...the group of older gentlemen cutting up and laughing in that corner booth.
I then decide we are going to go sit over by them (without Pop knowing) and see what stories they have to tell.
You've got one who knows everybody.
You've got another who knows all the current events.
One who's mad all the time.
The quite one.
And the class clown.
I sat there and listened to their stories (some I knew some I didn't) and just had to wonder is that a dying breed?
Will we be able to meet our friends at Bojangles or have we become a society of anti socials....with the Internet and twitter and texting.I hope not.

3 comments:

  1. Talking is overrated. We should do away with vocal cords - our thumbs have replaced our need to talk by being able to text, blog, shoot emails, whatever.

    Voice's are for the bedroom only now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...they say if you don't use it you lose it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would talk but I must ... sleep ... immediately ...

    ReplyDelete