Popular Posts

Thursday, April 26, 2012

poker wannabes 10-2

I just had to post this real quick while I'm thinking about it....is it just me or are some of these lost Internet poker players think they are all superstars?
I'll give you the play
I look down and have Ah 9h and raise on the button 3 times blind
I get two callers
Flop comes  3h 9d 10h....bet 3/4 pot
1 calls 1 folds
Turn comes 10s he bets 1 times blind I call
River comes 5h.....He bets 1 times blind again, I go a pot bet he insta calls
He flips over 10c 2c....
This is where it gets interesting he looks at me and says I can't believe you called me when I bet, what a donk call...!
I just looked at him and without taking a breath I said "son you played 10/2 you should be ashamed"
He says you sucked out on me I had you beat
The lady next to him says you played ten two "superstar"..... you definitely ain't Doyle....
The laughter at the table got all the attention around....
But my point is...Do you think that TV made poker to where some people just play Stupid ass hands?

2 comments:

  1. I don't think TV poker did anything of the sort - I think people generally just love to play a lot of hands because it's more fun, but watching players like Doyle take down a tourney with T2 gives them an excuse even though they misapply the information given to them.

    For instance, Doyle is a world class poker player who happened to win a tourney with that hand HEADS UP - this douche is a donk who plays bad hands and bitches when he loses. If you turned over AT there would he complain or would he just shut up? Does it matter if you were ahead the whole time or just on one street? It doesn't - and he played the hand horribly and deserved to lose with his bad play

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know but I do know a lot of times in a poker room you'll see people just playing pure garbage and sticking with it thinking they can out play someone. but the problem is they dont try to outplay someone they just call call call....(like a straddle) sometimes they hit sometimes they don't...my point is you see all these hands that if any regular player would play he would be called a donk...but a televised pro plays it "the cards" and 7/3 all of a sudden becomes a good hand

      Delete