Popular Posts

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Gamblin',fishin,and chickens

Whelp I thought I'd do a light post about what I've been up to other than work...
Last week took a trip to the IC and stayed overnight.I had a few slot play tickets that I wanted to burn up so I used them in the pot o golds.Guess what I actually hit a jackpot woohoo.Not a big one though just barely enough to make me pay taxes.That happened within 30 mins of getting there so it made for an enjoyable trip.Then about six o'clock we went ahead and ate at the buffet,all in all it was a good trip.
Now to fishin'
I have a small creek that touches my property next to the house and Ive been fishing at that same spot for 35 years.My paw paw used to take me there when I was young and that's where I caught my first fish. I know that story well because paw paw said I wanted to put it in my pocket to take home...so he let me.Paw paws are awesome.
But now to the good part,Myself and two other friends decided to go fishin Saturday night.You can almost be certain that one of us is gonna have some kind of adventure.My one friend R said he hasn't fished in 15 years and to be honest he did just fine and caught his first catfish...He's from NJ.Now my other buddy L is the one we had to get our belly laughs from this time.
L likes to fish with two poles,he says if he gets one snagged hes got another still in the water.If finally happened.. he got bites on both poles.First pole he snatches up and misses that one. Well the other pole is getting tugged pretty hard and its sliding away from him.
OK let me update then we'll go back. When we go fishin at the creek we take a lantern ,folding chair, weapon and fishing equipment...OK back to the story.
Well L goes to reach for his pole and starts to fall over...not gracefully I might add; it seemed like it took him ten minutes to hit the ground.While he is tipping over his brand new folding chair gives out on him and starts to close up with him in it.Now you're thinking oh that's kinda funny nope not there yet the best part was L fell towards a crevice and as he was falling and this chair was closing up on him, he got stuck! Now that's funny....and you had to be there to really appreciate it.
Finally the chickens part....my wonderful not knowing what the hell she is getting into wife has decided she is going to raise chickens...so now we have these little chirping constantly, shitting, and eating things in my house.WTH is she thinking? Did I mention I Hate chickens?

No comments:

Post a Comment